RN to BSN
Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree (BSN) of offered as an online distance learning program and promotes the advancement of nursing knowledge and practice through an innovative, patient-focused program. The RN to BSN program is designed as an accelerated program providing synchronous online learning for the Associate Degree in Nursing RN.
Bachelor’s prepared RN’s are highly valued for their skills in critical thinking, leadership, case management and health promotion, and for their abilities to practice across a variety of inpatient and outpatient settings. Your Bachelor’s degree will open up your career to professional advancement.
The BSN manages patients and health care systems with increasing levels of complexity, strategically solve clinical problems, and establish best practices and direct evidence based practice. Additionally, they resolve legal and ethical dilemmas in various clinical settings. The BSN will advance his/her knowledge and skill in critical thinking, effective communication, quality improvement, technology and decision making in a rapidly changing health care industry. In addition, the BSN will exercise critical thinking methods in the clinical and cost management of health care services for a diverse patient population across the life span.
Why you should earn your BSN at ICHS?
- We offer a RN to BSN program
- Approved for veterans training
- No clinical component; Capstone project
- Affordable tuition payment plans
This program prepares the student for advanced roles in the nursing profession. The main objectives of the Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree it to provide excellent educational background so that its graduates are able to:
- Evaluate holistic and patient-centered nursing care based on nursing theory, research and evidence-based practice.
- Provide effective client and family communication and education.
- Utilize nursing theories and evidence-based practice standards to advance and support critical thinking.
- Actively seek opportunities for continued professional and personal growth.
- Demonstrate and understanding of the research process.
How will being a BSN RN help me for the future?
The BSN program is designed to prepare the student for advanced roles in the nursing profession. The well-rounded and balanced education will introduce the student to a broad range of subjects such as communication, natural and social sciences. The program includes a challenging curriculum, encompassing nursing theory, nursing research, nursing leadership and management skills, informatics, physiology and evidence-based nursing. The curriculum is designed to provide the RN with the knowledge and skills for career growth and advancement.
- To prepare students work as register nurses in a variety of setting in a safe and efficient manner.
- To prepare students to be well grounded in the role and scope of practice foe the register nurse according to the current State of Florida Nurse Practice Act.
- To promote a commitment towards continued education, professional development and professional ethical conduct.
- To graduate nurses that demonstrates a commitment to professional nursing through patient advocacy, professional activism and life-long learning.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
The program is 16 months all Online.
|GENERAL EDUCATION (total of 21 semester credits)|
|AML 3000 American Literature||3|
|BIO 3020 & 3020L Biology with Lab||4|
|CHM 3010 & 3010L Organic Chemistry with Lab||4|
|PSY 4070 Developmental Psychology||3|
|SOC 3100 Medical Sociology||3|
|STA 3100 Statistics||4|
|PROGRAMMATIC COURSES (total of 39 semester credits)|
|NUR 3000 Nursing Theory||3|
|NUR 3013 Transition to Professional Nursing||3|
|NUR 3030 Health Assessment with Lab||3|
|NUR 3031 Pathophysiology in Nursing Practice||3|
|NUR 3530 Nursing Informatics||3|
|NUR 3021 Nursing Research methods||3|
|NUR 3020 Community Based Nursing Practice||3|
|NUR 3040 Holistic Nursing||3|
|NUR 4550 Evidence Based Nursing||3|
|NUR 4031 The Business of Healthcare in Complex Systems||3|
|NUR 4021 Transformational Leadership||3|
|NUR 4655 Diversity||3|
|NUR 4040 Capstone||3|